Back to Job List
Assistant Professor of Public Health and Community Medicine
Tufts University, Community Health Program
The Tufts University School of Arts and Sciences’ Community Health Program and the School of Medicine’s Department of Public Health and Community Medicine invite applications for an Assistant Professor to teach primarily in the undergraduate Community Health Program, beginning in fall 2012. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong interest in undergraduate advising and education, preferably supported by undergraduate teaching experience. The successful candidate is expected to teach an introductory lecture course, “Health Care in America: Policy and Politics” and three other courses. The remaining three courses will be based on the candidate’s interests and the program’s needs. The nine-month (75% effort) academic appointment will be in the School of Medicine’s Department of Public Health and Community Medicine. The remaining 25% effort may be accrued through intra- or extramural research funding or teaching in the School of Medicine’s Public Health Programs.
Applicants must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent degree (MD, JD, DrPH, etc.) at the time of appointment and have a demonstrated interest in teaching and collaborative research.
Founded in 1975, the undergraduate Community Health Program is committed to helping students understand health issues from multiple perspectives. Thus, we are open to applications from candidates with a wide variety of interests. We seek candidates interested in interdisciplinary research and the integration of theory, research and practice. Direct experience with community-based organizations or agencies is highly desirable, as is experience in community-based research. See http://ase.tufts.edu/commhealth/ for more details about the Program.
Interested candidates should submit a curriculum vitae and cover letter describing their research interests and teaching experience, with names and emails of three professional referees.
Applications should be submitted by email to Dr. Edith Balbach, Director of the Community Health Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application review process is ongoing and continues until the position is filled. The anticipated start date to review applications is April 30, 2012.
Tufts University is committed to diversity and especially welcomes applications from women, minority group members, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others who may add to the diversity of the Tufts community.