Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics (SIBS)
If you are an undergraduate with an interest in mathematics, statistics, biology or health sciences and would like to learn how to apply methods to investigate important health issues, come join us for our highly successful Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics program.
The program will run from June 10 to July 19, 2013. The application deadline is Friday, March 1, 2013.
Participants in the six-week program will:
- learn the principles of applied biostatistics from recognized experts in the field;
- interact daily with award-winning faculty who make learning biostatistics interesting, relevant, and fun.
- meet practicing biostatisticians, epidemiologists and statistical geneticists and learn about their work in small group interactive settings;
- gain hands-on experience working with actual data collected in internationally recognized studies that have been funded by the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute;
- learn about opportunities for graduate study and additional training;
- explore an ever-growing field that is critically important in studies to improve the world we live in; and
- participate in a variety of unique Boston experiences (historical sites, cultural and sporting events), meet new people, and have lots of fun.
- while earning college credit
Costs for housing, tuition, meals, and extra-curricular activities are covered by the program.
Get more details about the Summer Institute for Training in Biostatistics program, faculty and application process:
Click here for our SIBS flyer.